A new year started. A new time to fill will feelings and experiences. I wondered where I will travel this year. Thinking about travelling, I imagined myself going again to the jungle, or at least some stunning natural place. Visiting old ruins. The world is wide, and I have no preferences.
Having no idea on travel destinations can be a problem. Then an option is to check typical lists of “important things to see before die”. My favourite list is actually a representative list of what humans can make: UNESCO World Heritage Site list. I remember, for example, that this list gave me ideas of places to visit, while staying 1 month in Mexico in 2009. Actually I have experienced just some places of this long list:
– Belgium – La Grand-Place of Brussels, Historic Centre of Brugge
– Germany – Aachen Cathedral, Cologne Cathedral*, Museum Island in Berlin
– Korea – Jongmyo Shrine, Changdeokgung Palace*
– Latvia – Historic Centre of Riga
– Lithuania – Vilnius Historic Centre
– Mexico – Historic Centre of Mexico City and Xochimilco, Historic Centre of Oaxaca and Monte Albán*, Historic Centre of Puebla, Pre-Hispanic City of Teotihuacan*
– Portugal – Monastery of the Hieronymites and Tower of Belém in Lisbon, Cultural Landscape of Sintra*
– Russia – Centre of Saint Petersburg, Kremlin and Red Square in Moscow
– Spain – Works of Gaudí*, Cathedral of Seville, Historic Centre of Cordoba, Mudejar Architecture, Doñana National Park, Palau de la Música Catalana & Hospital de Sant Pau in Barcelona*, Palmeral of Elche
– Syria – Ancient City of Damascus, Ancient City of Aleppo*, Crac des Chevaliers and Qal’at Salah El-Din*
– UK – Stonehenge, Tower of London, Westminster Palace & Abbey, Castles and Town Walls of King Edward in Gwynedd (Wales)*
* places that really fascinated me
Well, it’s funny to see I’ve barely visited places in Spain. And, despite I’ve been in Costa Rica twice, I’ve not visited any natural world heritage there (perhaps because those places are really inaccessible, like Cocos Island).
I should pick one country and visit all the places in this list. This would be a nice trip. Don’t you think so?